"Dear Lord, help me to break even. I need the money."
Ideally we'd like to give everyone on our email list the opportunity to sit down and play at least once a month, or more if they want to. There are currently over 180 players on the email list, so it doesn't take a maths genius to work out that we need a lot more people hosting a lot more games in London to match growing demand!
I must figure out how to use that flash...
If you're already a member of the group and fancy hosting a regular game (be it weekly, fortnightly, monthly or whatever) or just a one-off just drop me a line or give me a bell to talk you through the options. You'll need to think about the following before contacting me:
- How many players can I accommodate?
- Do I have all the equipment I need (cards, chips, cloth, timer, etc)?
- What game(s) should I be offering (Holdem, Omaha, Shithead et cetera)?
- Format. Cash game or Tourney? Limit or No Limit? Freezeout or Rebuy?
- What size will the buy-in for the game be? For how many starting chips?
- How long do I want the game to last?
- What date(s) do I want to hold the game(s) on?
Once you've established all the above it's simply a matter of my creating a home page for your game containing all the relevant info, and uploading it onto the site. I'll also provide you a email@example.com email address which will forward invisibly to your own and send out an announcement to the group of your game. Players can then contact you directly and you can allocate seats accordingly as you see fit.
Some hosts like to provide nibbles and soft drinks but this is by no means obligatory or expected. All our games are BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything), so players bring their own drinks and nibbles, and occasionally come bearing gifts to placate your other half for taking over your house!
As far as the other 'accoutrements' of poker are concerned if you don't have 'em, someone can bring 'em. The group has a set of 3,000 Dice chips available for free loan to any regular players who wish to borrow them to set up their own home game or tournaments - just email me or give me a ring if anything if you require anything in particular.
Go on, you know you want to...
- "Behold the power of the Beer Hand!" -